Friday, April 22, 2011

Many experiences

I want to live this life having many experiences and truly living life to the fullest, & you know of the things that I want to do but what if you figured out a way to do those things just in a different order and add another adventure to what your doing? You see, my sister Desiree is going to be doing ILP (International Language Program) and She's going to to China with it. I heard yesterday from her that this same program is now going to have that program in Thailand starting this fall, and it just because of the location being told to me, so much made sense in my mind for a second and all these ideas switched around in my mind like an actor running off stage and changing total costumes in a matter of seconds, I thought my mind wouldnt be able to retain it all. But what I realized is I could do this, and push back basic training till January because I realized, see, that I didnt have too many plans for after basic and tech school cause when I would have gotten out is January and then I wasn't leaving to California until fall 2012 for college and acting, and so I have a Spring and Summer, so why not just do Basic then and travel a little before and do service? I think it would add to the many experiences I hope to have in this life and make a difference in the world, big or small, it's still something, right?
At first my mom said that only 18 yr olds could go, at least she said she thought that, so I decided, if this doesnt work out, then it isn't meant to, but I will do what I can to make it happen if I am able, so my mom called the program and found that if your parents sign for you saying you can and your graduated from high school (Which I will be, in less then two months might I add!) so, so far so good, except the fact that now my family and I have to find funding and donations for this for two kids instead of one. I told her that if that ends up not working, we could contact a family in another country I'd like to visit with my same religion and go live abroad for a little while just for new experiences and to travel, which I would be totally fine with, but through the ILP I can go to the other places and be teacvhing english and helping children in other countries, so I'd love to do that as well. It's all an idea right now but I'm really liking this one. I am not changing my plans, just adding more to them. Because I am not one of those people that change their mind all the time, I just find new and different ways to do things and different orders of doing them, but I am doing them nonetheless.
What do you think I should do? Because how I see it is its another way to travel a little and learn new cultures before I get settled in California and the Air National Guard because I feel I wont travel as much once I'm there, for a while at least, because I am traveling in this life no matter what, just like my mom did. So any advice or comments? I know it has been a while but I am going to be writing more so don't worry about me not writing again for a while again. Whoever is out there reading this, thank you for making the time too, it does mean a lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment